The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad! ~Author Unknown.
Happy Father’s Day to all you great Dad’s out there! Best wishes for a family filled day with lots of laughter, great food and great memories.
Why not start Dad’s day off with his favorite breakfast. Here’s my husbands favorite Blueberry Pancake recipe.
Serves 4 – 6
From the Naniboujou Cookbook
|Butter, melted||1 Tblsp.|
|Baking Powder||1 Tblsp.|
|Baking Soda||2 Tsp.|
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the buttermilk and butter.
2. In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries. Fold these into the egg mixture, mixing as little as possible. The batter will be lumpy.
3. Heat the griddle until cold water sprinkled on it will bounce around.
4. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Sprinkle the blueberries on the top of each pancake. Flip when the center of the pancake bubbles and begins to pop. The second side cooks up quickly. Remove when the bottom is golden brown.
5. Serve with real maple syrup and enjoy!