Cinco de Mayo is the perfect theme for easy and fun entertaining! Here are a 5 tips for hosting a memorable Fiesta Gathering:
1. Choose bright and colorful decor, the more color the better! Make your own centerpieces by filling clear bowls and vases with red, orange, and yellow peppers, mix in a few jalapeno and poblano peppers for a festive look.
2. Create Taco and Margarita Bars – why do all the preparation yourself? Your family and friends will love creating their own snacks and creations!
3. Have a “Salsa Throw-down”. Ask your friends to bring their favorite salsa and host a contest for the most creative, most tasty, and most authentic- Too fun!
4. Treat your guests to a Tequila Tasting! Help your guests learn about the different types of Tequila by serving samples of 3 varieties such as a Blanco, Repasado, and Anejo. Serve the samples in a champagne glass – the glass of choice for Tequila!
5. Don’t forget the music! Pandora is a great choice, select a Latin station, Jimmy Buffet, or for a retro theme – Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass! Too fun!