Having an organized pantry makes entertaining easier – especially during the holidays! By keeping a few basic ingredients in your pantry you’ll be able to serve a sweet or savory snack for drop in visitors, and fun additions to your planned events.
My Pantry Must- Have Items include:
- Carr’s Crackers – both Water Crackers & Whole Wheat Crackers
- LaPanzanella Crackers – love the Rosemary crackers
- Mixed Nuts – Costco’s mixed nuts are great!
- Chutney – Major Grey, Apple Cranberry, or my favorite – Fig!
- Jams – Orange Marmalade or Red Pepper Jelly
- Honey – Meil de Romarin, pure Rosemary. so yummy drizzled over blue cheese!
- Chocolate Bars – BT McElrath Salty Dog is a great choice or you can’t go wrong with Trader Joe’s dark chocolate bar
- Dried Fruit – Apricots, Figs, Craisins
- Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix – so delicious!
- Proseco – always a bottle in the fridge.
- Cheeses for the fridge: Rondele Garlic & Herb cheese spread, Carr Valley Baby Cheddar, St. Andre triple cream cheese or Brie, St. Agur Blue Cheese, and a container of Whipped Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Recipes for Sweet and Savory Carr’s Whole Wheat Crackers and Cheese:
Great snack for unexpected guests!
- Carr’s whole Wheat Crackers; One box will serve 4-6 . So yummy, they taste like a cookie. One tub of Rondele Garlic & Herb cheese spread. Place the Rondele Cheese tub (it looks like a ceramic ramekin so why not serve from it!) in the middle of a basket and add the Carr’s crackers around the cheese. Place a spreader in the cream cheese and that’s it! Serve with your favorite bottle of wine.
- Carr’s Whole Wheat Crackers; One box. One container of Whipped Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese. One small jar of Orange Marmalade – I love Bonne Maman Orange Marmalade – amazing flavor! Scoop out the whipped cream cheese, place it in the middle of a small platter and spread some of the orange marmalade top. Spread the cracker’s around the cream cheese, add a cheese spreader and I guarantee your guests will be delighted!
Bonus tip! The sweet version is also amazing with those crisp Ginger Cookies that you buy at the market. I am in love with the ones from Trader Joe’s!