Green Bean, Red Onion, and Mint Salad
|Clove Garlic, crushed with the side of a knife||1 clove|
|Fresh Mint, finely chopped||1/3 cup|
|Green Beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces||1 – 1/2 pounds|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||2-3 Tblsp.|
|Red Onion, cut into thin half moon slices||1/2 cup|
|Red or Yellow Grape Tomatoes, cut in half||2 cups|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp.|
|Freshly ground Black Pepper||1/4 tsp.|
1. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Meanwhile, rub the inside of a salad bowl with the garlic. Add the mint to the bowl; set aside.
2. Add the green beans to the boiling water. Cook the beans, covered for 6-8 minutes or until tender to the bite.
3. Drain and immediately add the hot beans to the mint, tossing to combine. Add the olive oil; toss.
4. Add the onion, tomatoes, salt, and pepper and toss again.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Pairs beautifully with grilled chicken or pork.