What’s the best way to say Happy Valentine’s Day to your family… Chocolate of course!
Here are 5 Quick, Easy, Delicious, and Inexpensive Ways to Say
Happy Valentines Day with Chocolate:
1. For the Adult in your life: – the way to my husband’s heart is Chocolate Truffles & Bourbon! Chocolate pairs perfectly with wine.
- Chocolate dipped strawberries: – every grocery mart will have large strawberries today. serve them as is or why not try filling them with mascarpone mixed with a little powdered sugar and then dip them in chocolate. Gorgeous and oh so delicious!
3. For the children in your life: – Chocolate ice cream or Gelatto will make any kid smile. Serve the scoops in a fancy glass to make them feel really special! Add some sprinkles to take it over the top!
4. For the chocolate lover in your life: Chocolate Fondue is always a winner at our house.
My favorite Chocolate Fondue recipe is from Rachel Ray:
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 bittersweet chocolate bars (3.5 oz each), chopped
2 Tblsp. Amaretto
1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, let sit about 3-5 minutes to allow the chocolate to begin to melt. Then whisk the chocolate into the heavy cream.
Stir in the Amaretto and nuts. Pour the chocolate fondue into a fondue pot or medium ramekin dish. Dip with your favorite dippables like, strawberries, bananas, marshmallow’s, or Angel-food cake pieces. Yum!
5. Everyone loves Chocolate Brownies! No time to bake, no problem your grocery mart or Costco has you covered. Pick them up on your way home tomorrow, place them on a pretty plate or rustic board, dust them with a little powdered sugar and you have a beautiful Valentines Day treat!
As always, I’m available should have any questions or need further inspiration. I can be reached at 612-860-5961 or simply reply to this email.