My favorite part of Easter dinner is dessert, ok … I do love my sister’s cheezy potatoes, and nothing says Easter like fresh steamed asaparagus with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and parmesan cheese shavings. Yum! Back to desserts, here are two fantastic Easter desserts featuring “lemon” to celebrate spring. The Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is made in a bundt pan so it will serve up to 10 people.
|All Purpose Flour||1 Tbsp.|
|Yellow Light Cake Mix||1 box|
|Lemon Juice||1/3 cup|
|Fat-free Cream Cheese||8 oz.|
|Egg Whites||3 large Eggs|
|Egg||1 large Egg|
|Powdered Sugar||1 cup|
|Lemon Juice||4 tsp.|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with flour.
3. Combine the cake mix and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and beat at med speed for 2 minutes; fold in blueberries.
4. Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
6. Cool cake pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Combine the powdered sugar and 4 tsp lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle glaze over cake.
Lemon Sorbet with Raspberries
|Lemon Sorbet||1 carton|
|Fresh Raspberries||1 box|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||To garnish|
1. Place two small scoops of lemon sorbet in indiviudal glass serving bowls.
2. Sprinkle raspberries around the sorbet
3. Garnish with fresh mint leaves