Here’s a recipe from one of our friends that cook – we affectionately refer to them as our “Taste-buds!” If you’d like to submit a recipe, send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to share your creations with the Unleash Your Inner Foodie community!
Name of Recipe: Insalata dell’arancia (Orange Salad)
Taste-bud: Steve from NJ
A cool, refreshing healthy opener to any meal, BBQ or wine/cheese tasting.
- 3 Blood Oranges – Look for the ones from Italy as they are much juicer, sweeter and slightly acidic. They should look partially red and orange.
- Peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick – across the sections
- One large Red Onion – Sliced thin 1/10th in (yes, that’s right… thin J). Separate rings
- Fresh Parsley – chopped about 1/8 inch thick
- Mild Olive Oil (MOO) – About 2 tablespoons (try to avoid EVOO, it’s a bit overpowering for this dish)
To serve: layer the blood oranges on a plate in a circle, separate the red onion rings and place over and on top of the oranges, sprinkle with the freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with some good Parmigiano-Reggiano on the side. This pairs beautifully with Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
Thank you Steve, this salad is amazing! I served the Insalata dell’arancia (Orange Salad) on Memorial day weekend with Medjool Dates stuffed with Gorgonzola, bacon and chives and paired it with a Famiglia Meschini Sauvignon Blanc…simple and oh so delicious! Thank you for helping me to Wow my guests.