So many of my friends have recently been inspired by Julia Child, in the fabulous Julie & Julia movie. If you haven’t seen it, what are you waiting for?!
Here are 10 New Years Resolutions to help you Unleash Your Inner Foodie in 2010: “I will be…”
- Adventurous – and make Julia’s Boef Bourguignon for your sweetie or your friends.
- Courageous – and bone a duck like Julia!
- Conviction – to the art of good eating and entertaining.
- Memorable – by beginning with the end in mind – your vision of the party, make detailed plans, and execute them leisurely.
- Inquisitive – and buy a copy of The Food Lover’s Companion so you can finally learn what “confit” means…
- Bold – and actually order the Confit de Canard the next time you see it on a menu!
- Mastery – use the Time-it Tool to determine how long it takes to accomplish a menu so you have order, efficiency and composure.
- Confidence – and host a wine and cheese party for your friends.
- Forgiving – forget about the one dish that didn’t turn out and remember the three that did!
- Eat Out. Drink Good Wine. – “Your palate becomes dulled if you go too long without stimulus or without quality. That’s when an otherwise excellent cook will begin to overseason.” Julia Child & More Company cookbook .
In Julia’s biography, My Life in France, she recounts the fabulous parties she and Paul attended and hosted. Her fondest memories included the tantalizing flavors and stimulating conversation while lingering around the dinning table long into the night. Wouldn’t you love to have been invited to a Julia Child party! Great food, good wine, and amazing conversations I’m sure…
Stay tuned for more tips, techniques, and secrets on how you can create memorable experiences through good cooking and good entertaining in 2010…
Happy New Year Everyone!