Happy National Chocolate Day! Think I’ll start my day with a chocolate croissant and a steamy cup of cafe au lait. Then end my day with a few good friends and share a BTMcElrath Salty Dog candy bar and a bottle of Famiglia Meschini Malbec Syrah – oh , its gonna be a great day!
Who doesn’t like or even love chocolate? For most of us, chocolate is our first great culinary passion, even if the chocolate is of the Hershey bar variety! We associate chocolate with indulgence, luxury, romance, or – we think of it as a special treat.
We now know that chocolate is good for you, – it has antioxidants that may prevent cancer according to some studies. However, the chocolate that is best for our health is the premium dark bittersweet chocolate that most people avoid because on its own it has a rather bitter taste. It tastes bitter because there’s not any sugar – therefore healthier. Most people turn up their noses to the bitter taste and prefer milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate as it has a smoother, sweeter taste (because of the added milk and sugar products). Well… add a glass of wine with that bittersweet chocolate and you’ll experience a completely different taste!
I’ve been holding Chocolate & Wine In-Home Tasting Parties this year to rave reviews. Why do a Chocolate and Wine Tasting Party?
- To learn more about chocolate and wine pairing. Learn the similarities between chocolate and wine and discover how each can enhance the flavor and balance the taste
- To experience other chocolate varieties in a guided instructional way that will refine your chocolate palate
- Because it’s a Fabulous Holiday Party idea
- A Too Fun! Cooking Club theme
- An innovative Couple’s Shower idea
- Gifts can be focused on stocking the newly weds wine bar and accessories
- Creative “Girls Night Out” party theme
- The host can ask each girl to bring a different bottle of wine to contain the cost. The host provides the chocolates, bread and water to cleanse palates between types and appetizers at the end to enjoy.
- It’s fun, it’s different, and it’s a great way to shake up those boring parties!
Send me an email if you want to learn more about how to host a Chocolate & Wine In-Home Tasting Party. In return, I’ll send you the Seven Steps to Hosting a Chocolate & Wine Tasting Party (recently published in a Home & Garden magazine!). Or, better yet – you can schedule time for a Coffee with DeeAnn free introductory consult to customize your party. Either way, it will be too fun! email@example.com