What’s Easter without PEEPS marshmallow chicks or bunnies! PEEPS have been a part of my Easter celebration for as long as I can remember. I love the Pink Bunnies and Yellow Chicks. You might want to try a new, super creative idea this year that my friend Meg from Pigtale Twist shared with me – Carameltini’s garnished with PEEPS Bunnies dipped in chocolate – Too fun! Cocktails are at 4pm in case you’d like to join us!
Carameltini Recipe: 1 bottle (16 oz.) of Pigtale Twist Buttery Caramel Sauce, pour into large pitcher. Fill empty bottle with Vodka, add to caramel sauce in pitcher. Fill empty bottle with Kahlua, add to pitcher. Stir and chill. Pour into martini glasses. Skewer a pink PEEP, dipped in chocolate and on top of martini glass. Enjoy!
For more fun PEEP recipes like PEEPsicles, PEEP fondue, and Krsipy Bunnie Treats go to their website http://www.justborn.com/just-for-fun/recipes You can even purchase a PEEPS mouse pad – Too Fun!
PEEPS Fun Facts:
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick. Today, thanks to advances in technology, it takes six minutes.
- Just Born produces enough PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies in one year to circle the earth twice.
- In the late 1950’s PEEPS® wings were “clipped” to give them a sleek, modern look.
- PEEPS® Brand Candies have been the #1 non-chocolate brand at Easter for over 20 years*. *Source: IRI Total U.S. FDMx.
- Yellow is America’s best selling color of PEEPS® chicks and bunnies.
- Yellow and white PEEPS® chicks and bunnies came first, followed by pink, lavender, blue, green and orange.
- PEEPS® branded products have made celebrity appearances on many programs including: Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS Sunday Morning, The Early Show, Saturday Night Live, Martha Stewart, Ellen, South Park, and The Daily Show.
- If you had 8,000 PEEPS® bunnies, and you stood them in a straight vertical line, you could reach the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago.
- PEEPS® have become gourmet favorites as fondues, Crème Brulee ingredients and cappuccino toppings!
Check back tomorrow for Easter Dessert ideas! Don’t forget to post comments about your Carameltini experiences!