We traditionally host thanksgiving dinner and really appreciate the hostess gift my mother-in-law brings every year – a large container of mixed nuts. What I love about this simple and thoughtful gift is I can easily add it to what I already have planned for appetizers – and who doesn’t like nuts? My husband reminds me that mixed nuts is an appropriate metaphor for our family!
5 Simple and Thoughful Hostess Gift Ideas:
1. Mixed nuts or cashews – a great gift for the host to incorporate into the menu (sucking up to my mother-in-law!)
2. Holiday cocktail napkins wrapped with a ribbon – you could always add a holiday cheese knife or spreader.
3. Holiday heavy-duty paper coasters – made from recycled paper pulp (helps the environment and the hostess!). here’s a fun website that specializes in fun and unique paper products: http://www.rockscissorpaper.com/hoco.html
4. Picture Frame – to hold this years Thanksgiving family photo – your host will love this idea!
5. Bottle of MacMurray Pinot Noir wine – to share with all the guests, or for your host to enjoy after everyone is gone!
6. (Bonus) How fun would it be to bring a Christmas CD, like Johnny Mathias, or the Bing Crosby White Christmas DVD – a great way to transition into Christmas! Too fun!
OK, this week we’ve shared; 3 fun movies to watch over the Thanksgiving weekend, 3 Thanksgiving appetizers, 3 great side dish recipes, amazing wine suggestions, and 6 hostess gift ideas! Join me next week for 5 fun and inspirational Thanksgiving toasts and ways to express your gratitude this year, and I’ll give you the Time-it! Tool – a tool to help you stay organized and serve everything on time! And, 3 easy & delicious menu’s for all those leftovers. See you then, it will be Too Fun!